UPCOMING WORKSHOP IN GYMPIE
Available Tickets: 10
Date: Sat 25th January
Time: 10 – 4 pm
At: Karibu Lane Studio, Karibu Lane, Araluen, Q. 4570
the art of
ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM WORKSHOPS
This 6-hour intensive workshop will guide you through the process of moving past fears and self-doubt into activating a spirit of playfulness and risk-taking to create a resolved, abstract painting.
The Beautiful Chaos Workshops are a nurturing, liberating experience perfect for all levels.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP, JANUARY 25th, 2020
Working on a 90 x 90cm canvas, this 6-hour intensive workshop will guide you through the process of moving past fears and self-doubt into activating a spirit of playfulness and risk-taking to create a resolved, abstract painting.
The intention behind the workshop is to:
- Experience working on a larger scale and create an abstract work.
- Delve into your internal landscape and tap into your authentic expression through intuitive abstraction
- Explore and experiment with some of Amica’s signature painting techniques.
WALK AWAY WITH:
- 6 hrs of facilitated studio time, including plenty of one-on-one time.
- An assortment of brushes, paints and materials, everything you need to create a masterpiece.
- A light, gourmet lunch
- Tea and coffee, and filtered water
- Live Demonstration.
- A collection of creative starts (practice paintings) and technical guides to take into your own practice
If you can (not essential but highly recommended) – please bring a ‘heat gun tool’ preferably or at least a hairdryer, this would be wonderful for you explore a technique I use where we create ‘tidelines’.
2 COST OPTIONS:
1st Option – BYO CANVAS
- $169.89 – BYO ‘Bring your own canvas ‘under 90 x 90cm, or a rectangle that equals up to the equivalent. (See below for specifics)
2nd Option – Arrange for a high-quality canvas to be supplied.
- $226.44 – Arrange for a 90 x 90cm (square) to be supplied on the day. Checkbox in ticket selection
If you decide to bring your own canvas – what to keep in mind.
Must be a canvas on stretchers, not primed board, or canvas board. The thicker the stretcher bars the better.
What can I bring to the event?
An apron, or clothes that can afford to get paint on them! All materials are supplied, however, if there are specific acrylic or spray paint colours you love or special tools you like to use in painting, feel free to bring them along. Please bring any inspiration you may have, mood boards, journal, photographs or current work. You would benefit from bringing an embossing heater – you can purchase online here, or a if you prefer – a simple hair dryer will do the trick.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please send your email to [email protected] or text message through to 0434724990
What’s the refund policy?
Cancellations 30 days out will receive a full refund; 14 days out will receive 50%; cancellations 7 days out will forfeit full payment.
ages 14 +
I haven’t painted before, is this class for me?
Yes! This class is for anyone who wants to loosen up, become bolder and explore their creativity in a new intuitive way. The process is very forgiving and no prior painting experience is necessary., although a basic understanding of colour and design principles is highly recommended.
I’m already a professional artist, is this class for me?
Yes, even if you have been painting for years, this class will bring a fresh approach, new techniques and a new way of looking at painting from a place of intuition, freedom, and joy.
How do I know if this course is for me?
This course is for you if you want to discover a unique approach to painting, which can translate into all areas of your life: you want to let go, be bold and allow your paintings to unfold naturally in their own time: you are ready to move through fear and embrace the unknown.
Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up to receive notification of upcoming events & workshops.